Download the free edition using the link above and give it a try!
If you're into designing your own role playing games for computer or tabletop and are looking for a great tool to draw out maps for your next campaign, why not give it a try and see what new adventures you can dream up!
The advanced editing features of Grid Cartographer Pro such as the cut and paste tools and border creation make blocking out and detailing maps incredibly easy. Then simply export the map to an image file for printing or sharing online!
Thanks to everyone for the numerous suggestions, kind words and support for this project.
Once you've downloaded and installed Grid Cartographer it will start off in a feature limited Free Edition mode. You're free to use this forever and we hope you enjoy it!
If you'd like to unlock the powerful extra features of the Pro Edition, or to see a comparison between the editions, then click here. There you'll be able to purchase a code to unlock Grid Cartographer into the Pro Edition.
OS: Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista (32/64 bit), Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64 bit)
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Video Card
OS: OSX 10.7 "Lion" or later.
NOTE: OSX 10.10 "Yosemite" should work as of v2.0.7b but won't be officially supported until after it's public release.
OS: Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" (32/64 bit) or compatible distribution.
OS: Android 2.2 or later. ARM 7 compatible processor.
For best results use a tablet sized device.
Orders are handled by trusted e-commerce provider FastSpring
PayPal, Amazon and all major credit cards accepted.
|buy now! ($12)|
|Existing v1 Customer?|
Please have your FastSpring or Google Play order number handy.
note: Upgrades are processed manually.
Grid Cartographer is available in two flavours. The free version provides a good taste. If you like it you can upgrade to the pro version to experience the full range of features:
|Floors and Basements||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED|
|Ground Types and Markers||LIMITED SELECTION||WIDE VARIETY|
|Door Types||EDGE AND BLOCK||EDGE AND BLOCK|
|Add Notes to Map Tiles||NO||MULTIPLE MULTI-LINE NOTES PER TILE|
|Labelled Map Areas||NO||YES|
|Editing Tools||STANDARD TOOLS ONLY||MOVE, FLIP, ROTATE|
|Clipboard||NO||CUT, COPY, PASTE|
|Colors||NO||TINT WALLS AND FLOOR MARKERS|
|Export||NO||FLOOR IMAGE AND NOTES|
|Editor Themes||YES||PREMIUM THEMES: VDU AND PARCHMENT|
|Free Updates||---||ALL v2.x RELEASES|
• Completely rewritten user interface with tabbed toolbars and a scrolling palette of brush types.
• Support for multiple named 'regions' within one map file.
• Rewritten brushing to greatly reduce the need for keyboard modifiers. Just click and drag the mouse to draw coridoor walls and room edges more quickly than ever before.
• Simpler custom tiles. The old tileset system has been replaced with one that uses individual images.
• A simple two layer system allows for custom tiles as both terrain and map markers.
• Rewritten map format to support diagonal walls and to allow combining block based doors with edge based walls. Draw doors and walls wherever you like!
• Improved label system with text alignment; Multi-line notes.
• Option to automatically create matching pairs of stairs and ladders to connect floors with ease.
• Greater grid sizing flexibility. Create variable sized tile layouts and asymmetric major gridlines.
• Support for all keyboard layouts and the ability to use CJK characters in notes and labels.
• Mac OSX version !
No way! Grid Cartographer is licensed to you and not to any specific machine or platform. If you have the supported hardware then we want you to be able to use your copy of Grid Cartographer on it.
Using the pro edition of Grid Cartographer v2 requires a new license key. You can purchase an upgrade from v1 pro to v2 pro at a significant discount here.
Yes! any map created in version 1 will work with version 2. This includes maps using the old style custom tilesets which are automatically cut up into new single image tiles as required.
Owing to the new features added in version 2 the map format has changed significantly and is no longer compatible with version 1. If you wish to try version 2 but think you might stick with version 1 then please ensure you make backups of your map files before overwriting your files.
You are free to use map files, exported images and any other data files saved by Grid Cartographer without restriction for any purpose, including commerical use, either as stand-alone documents or included as part of a publication either directly or subject to further editing or manipulation after they were created. No acknowledgement that Grid Cartographer was used is required.