click to download Grid Cartographer for your system
Latest Version: v2.0.6 ( Jul 22nd, 2014 ) | Change Log
Why not download the free edition using the links above and give it a try?
If you're into designing your own role playing games for computer or tabletop and are looking for a great tool to draw out maps for your next campaign, why not give it a try and see what new adventures you can dream up!
The advanced editing features of Grid Cartographer Pro such as the cut and paste tools and border creation make blocking out and detailing maps incredibly easy. Then simply export the map to an image file for printing or sharing online!
Thanks to everyone for the numerous suggestions and supporting this project.
Orders are handled by trusted e-commerce provider FastSpring
PayPal and all major credit cards accepted.
|buy now! ( $12 )|
|Existing v1 Customer?|
Please have your FastSpring or Google Play order number handy.
nb. Upgrades are processed manually.
|upgrade from v1 ( $5 )|
Grid Cartographer is available in two flavours. The free version provides a good taste. If you like it you can upgrade to the pro version to experience the full range of features:
|Floors and Basements||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED|
|Ground Types and Markers||LIMITED SELECTION||WIDE VARIETY|
|Door Types||EDGE AND BLOCK||EDGE AND BLOCK|
|Add Notes to Map Tiles||NO||MULTIPLE MULTI-LINE NOTES PER TILE|
|Labelled Map Areas||NO||YES|
|Editing Tools||STANDARD TOOLS ONLY||MOVE, FLIP, ROTATE|
|Clipboard||NO||CUT, COPY, PASTE|
|Colors||NO||TINT WALLS AND FLOOR MARKERS|
|Export||NO||FLOOR IMAGE AND NOTES|
|Editor Themes||YES||PREMIUM THEMES: VDU AND PARCHMENT|
|Free Updates||---||ALL v2.x RELEASES|
Frequently Asked Questions
• Completely rewritten user interface with tabbed toolbars and a scrolling palette of brush types.
• Support for multiple named 'regions' within one map file.
• Rewritten brushing to greatly reduce the need for keyboard modifiers. Just click and drag the mouse to draw coridoor walls and room edges more quickly than ever before.
• Simpler custom tiles. The old tileset system has been replaced with one that uses individual images.
• A simple two layer system allows for custom tiles as both terrain and map markers.
• Rewritten map format to support diagonal walls and to allow combining block based doors with edge based walls. Draw doors and walls wherever you like!
• Improved label system with text alignment; Multi-line notes.
• Option to automatically create matching pairs of stairs and ladders to connect floors with ease.
• Greater grid sizing flexibility. Create variable sized tile layouts and asymmetric major gridlines.
• Support for all keyboard layouts and the ability to use CJK characters in notes and labels.
• Mac OSX version !
No way! Grid Cartographer is licensed to you and not to any specific machine or platform. If you have the supported hardware then we want you to be able to use your copy of Grid Cartographer on it.
Using the pro edition of Grid Cartographer v2 requires a new license key. You can purchase an upgrade from v1 pro to v2 pro at a significant discount here.
Yes! any map created in version 1 will work with version 2. This includes maps using the old style custom tilesets which are automatically cut up into new single image tiles as required.
Owing to the new features added in version 2 the map format has changed significantly and is no longer compatible with version 1. If you wish to try version 2 but think you might stick with version 1 then please ensure you make backups of your map files before overwriting your files.
You are free to use map files, exported images and any other data files saved by Grid Cartographer without restriction for any purpose, including commerical use, either as stand-alone documents or included as part of a publication either directly or subject to further editing or manipulation after they were created. No acknowledgement that Grid Cartographer was used is required.
Grid Cartographer has been developed on Windows 7 x64 but will run on XP through Windows 8.1 providing a DirectX9 compatible graphics card is available. 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows are both supported.
The Mac OSX version is compatible with OSX 10.7 and later.
Grid Cartographer has been tested on the following Linux distributions with latest updates applied. Fedora 19 (64-bit), Linux Mint 15 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Ubuntu 13.04 (32-bit and 64-bit). Other distributions are not offically supported. They may still work but could have issues. Additionally the following packages are required: GTK-3 and libpng12
Grid Cartographer requires Android 2.2 or later to run. For best results use a tablet style device.